Sunday, April 19, 2015

One or Two Hands on the Kettlebell Swing?

I hear the question of "which is better, the one or two handed swing?" a lot. 

I'm a big proponent of the "can't grip it, can't lift it" principle when it comes to the swing. If you can't lift it with one hand you probably shouldn't swing it - it's like a built in safety. There is also the anti-rotational benefit of the single handed swing that really benefits core stabilization. Lastly, the handles on kettlebells rarely fit two hands comfortably, leading me to believe they are not designed for two handed use. This just seems like common sense to me. 


1 comment:


  1. Kettlebell is also a great choice if you are starting your fitness workouts or are new to workouts as a whole. I have also created a similar list of Kettlebell Workout for Women and I would like if you can check it out! thanks.

    ReplyDelete