Kick-Start Your Day with a 5-Minute Single Kettlebell Workout
Here's a great example of the incredible efficiency kettlebells provide. Try this full-body workout and see for yourself how quickly you can get your heart rate pumping and entire body engaged in only 5-minutes... because "something" is not only better than "nothing," it's actually productive.
TIP: Keep track of how many reps you perform and try to beat your previous total each time you do the workout. When you're performing them at max tempo (with great form, of course), it's time to get yourself a heavier kettlebell.
A quick video reference guide of these exercises is available at https://vimeo.com/album/4095351.
One Medium-Heavy Weight Kettlebell (as heavy as you can snatch comfortably)
- Warmup with a minute of jump rope or a quick jog around the block.
- Familiarize yourself with the exercises and practice transitioning between them before you begin - there's no rest once you start.
- Set your timer for five-minutes, and (starting with your non-dominant side) perform each exercise.
- One-Arm Kettlebell Swings (30-Seconds Per Side)
- Kettlebell Goblet Squats (1-Minute)
- Kettlebell Cleans (30-Seconds Per Side)
- Kettlebell Overhead Reverse Lunge (30-Seconds Per Side)
- Kettlebell Snatch (30-Seconds Per Side)
- Don't skip a quick stretch (even carefully in the shower to save time if you have to)... and happily get on with your day.
To get the absolute most out of kettlebells, we invite you to attend a workshop at Seattle Kettlebell Club and learn in only two-hours the techniques that will take you from Clark Kent to Superman.