Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Transformation Tuesday: Longtime SKC Member Hits Big Numbers at Competition

When Patchen Noelke joined Seattle Kettlebell Club 3 years ago, his original goal was to lose weight and get in shape. However, Noelke went above and beyond his original goals, and on June 30th at the Crazy Monkey USA Kettlebell Sport Championship he beat the American Record for 20 kg 10-minute long cycle (105 kg weight class) with 102 reps (the previous record was 87 reps). 



"My favorite part of competing is the crowd. All your team members and kettle family from other clubs out there cheering you on," Noelke said. "I had a plan on how I wanted to get to 100 reps and it's a big mental challenge. I feel such a big responsibility to not let my coach, my team, my kettle-friends down and then I'm always SHOCKED how the whole crowd gets behind you during the struggle and you just know you can do anything at that point. It's feels good to deliver for that group of folks."

Patchen greets his judge after setting a record this spring at the Vancouver Open.

Only a few months ago, Noelke broke the American record for 16 kg 10-minute long cycle (105 kg weight class) with 116 reps.  He hopes that at his next competition he'll be lifting the 24s.

"Shout out to KB Fit Brit for keeping and tracking all the records. I hope it motivates people to lift more!" Noelke said.

No comments:

Post a Comment