Thursday, March 8, 2018

Wonder Woman Wednesday: Jennifer Delanty

Last year, Jennifer Delanty realized that at the age of 54 her weight was simply too heavy, so she started with tracking her daily steps and signed up to climb the Space Needle for a Fred Hutchinson fundraiser. However, before the climb up the needle’s 832 steps, Delanty needed some extra training, which is what brought her to Seattle Kettlebell Club.

Not only did Delanty hike up the space needle but she also found that she could climb the needle nonstop, and she is convinced that taking the KettleFIT classes at SKC did the trick.



“I’m 55 years old. I’m glad that I can do something at this point in my life that feels so gratifying and has such almost instantaneous results,” Delanty said of Seattle Kettlebell Club’s classes. “I just love how strong I feel now and after just these few months of work.”

Delanty also credits kettlebell training for helping with chronic health issues, and she’s more encouraged to eat a healthy and balanced diet.

“I don’t want to undo all the hard work I’ve done here by putting a bunch of junk in my body,” Delanty said.


Delanty lives a hectic life: her love for her church and advocacy for social justice issues in Seattle keep her busy. Plus, she works for a small insurance agency and takes care of her father who lives with her, which is why she appreciates that the KettleFIT classes are so short yet effective. 


While she agrees that people can be insecure about coming in for the first time, Delanty praises the owners and trainers of SKC for endorsing a body-shaming-free environment as well as welcoming members of all shapes, sizes, and fitness levels to take classes.

“Kettlebell training is so much like yoga. You just start where you are. Don’t be attached to where other people are at,” Delanty said. “I just can’t tell you how much better I feel. I just feel so good.”

Delanty hopes to continue gaining strength, reducing inches and pounds (she's lost 25 pounds already!) and taking care of herself mentally, physically, and spiritually. Now that her four children are grown, she looks forward to SKC playing a big part in this new chapter in her life.

“There’s always further to go. You never master kettlebells. There’s always another weight to go up to, and you can just keep testing yourself,” Delanty said.  



Want to become your own Wonder Woman or Superman? Go to seattlekettlebellclub.com/join for more info on how to join. 

-Camille Borodey 

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer was (is?) a member of the church I was raised in. She told me that if I ever needed to reach out, that she'd be there for me. I decided to reach out to her a few years ago when my life was in a huge rut and I was suffering. She got angry and defensive with me when I was talking about my struggles, and basically it resulted in the least Christian behavior I have ever personally experienced, and one her daughters even threatened to kill me if I ever spoke about her family. Needless to say, I fear Jennifer is not as kind, and even, as Christian as she fronts to be. I don't think she's a good role model.

    ReplyDelete