Monday, September 10, 2018

Motivation Monday: Fitting in a Nuun Workout


Emily Baird, Laura Braziel, and Emma Kesler, all three employees at Nuun headquarters, make it a point to swing into SKC once a week to get in some strength training to supplement their more cardio based fitness hobbies. Emily and Laura are both runners recently completing a half marathon while Emma is an avid cycler. 

  
What is your favorite part about coming to Seattle Kettlebell Club? 

Emily: “It’s really nice to do something completely different than anything I’ve ever done before. It’s not like normal weight lifting. It’s a lot more fun but still a great workout.”

Laura: “I like it because it’s always a challenge. It doesn’t ever get boring.” 

What are your other fitness hobbies, and how has kettlebell helped improve those hobbies?

Emily: “Most of my workouts are geared around running, and I tore a ligament in my ankle last year, so getting back into running was really hard, but when I was able to run again, I was faster than I had ever been. I think coming here really helped even though I wasn’t running.”

Emma: “I’m a cyclist, and I record each of my rides. I definitely see the speed gains, and my hill climb is faster after doing kettlebell.”


If you were trying to convince a friend to give kettlebells a swing, what would you tell them?

Laura: “I would tell them to do the 21-day Challenge. It encourages you to come in consistently. Having that short-term commitment really encourages you to get with the flow.”

Emily: “As someone that tried to get into traditional weight lifting, this is a lot more fun than just going to a gym and lifting weights. If you go to any gym, you’ll see people lifting wrong, so it’s nice to have someone to teach you how to do the moves correctly, but also have the instructor there to make small corrections if you’re slipping out of form."

Emma: “Before I came here, I assumed kettlebell was a bunch of Russian guys with no necks. I was surprised to find out that it was all very practical strength. I really enjoy the intro class that carefully shows you the forms, so you’re taking care of yourself and not injuring yourself.”

What are some of your future fitness goals?

Laura: “We’ve actually talked about doing one of the competitions.” 

Emma: “My fitness goals aren’t specific right now. I just want to get stronger and endure more. I always think of the zombie apocalypse and if it actually happened, could I outlive everybody else?”

Emily: “We just got a new dog, so one of my goals is to teach him to run without stopping, so we can both survive the zombie apocalypse with Emma.”


Do you three have anything you want to add, just about kettlebells or coming here?

Laura: “It’s a nice marriage of being at Nuun and being able to do kettlebell because I can feel the difference.

Emma: “It’s really nice because Nuun encourages exercise. It’s also super convenient being able to do this during our lunch break.”

Emily: “It’s the best kind of lunch break. Obviously, I’m physically tired after class, but then I go back to work, and I’m energized for the rest of the afternoon.”

You can purchase Nuun at SKC! 

-Camille Borodey 

No comments:

Post a Comment