Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Meet our Kettlecoaches: Hailey Walker

After graduating from the University of Oregon, Hailey Walker worked at a non-profit that supported families and individuals impacted by autism and other developmental disabilities.

“While I definitely appreciated the work, I had this voice in the back of my head telling me that I wanted to try something new and different,” Hailey said. “Fitness is something that I’ve always been interested in and have really grown passion for in the past couple of years, so I decided to make it my career.”


Although she did team sports in high school, Hailey says she really became interested in fitness when she started college.

“When I first showed up to college, the whole concept of showing up to a gym and working out was kind of foreign,” Walker said, “so I got to school, and they had a huge variety of classes, so I got to try out everything.”

After she graduated from university, Hailey continued her fitness journey and lost 30 lbs which made her realize she wanted to help others reach their fitness goals.


Hailey and her boyfriend moved to Bellevue in January, and she agrees that Washington and Oregon have a lot of similarities, but she’s loving the diverse community of people she gets to meet while living in a more populated area (she was born and raised in the small city of Canby, Oregon).  

Although Hailey will miss her old job, she looks forward to working in an environment where she can see her fellow lifters progress.

Seattle Kettlebell Club is not just a gym. It’s really a community of people getting together and promoting a healthy lifestyle and learning a new skill,” Hailey said. “What I love is that you see people of all walks of life and all levels and abilities. That’s something that really cued me into the health of the environment around here; people are excited to show up here day after day.”

When Hailey isn’t at SKC, she enjoys ballroom dancing, running, reading, and watching TED Talks and documentaries.


As far as future fitness endeavors, Hailey has always wanted to run a half marathon, and she’s currently training to compete in her first competition at SKC’s Pro-Am on December 1st where she’ll be doing a biathlon with 12-kilogram bells (not bad for someone who has only been training for a few months!).

“If you see me in the gym, and we’ve never met, I’d love to be your friend,” Hailey said. “I promise I don’t bite. I want to get to know as many people as possible, and I’m excited to be part of the team.”

Welcome to the team Hailey! Catch her teaching classes 5 days a week at SKC! 

-Camille Borodey 

No comments:

Post a Comment