Thursday, November 8, 2018

Meet our Kettlecoaches: Camille Borodey


Although, she just started teaching KettleFit classes last month, Camille Borodey has been with Seattle Kettlebell Club for a year after she responded to a Craig’s List ad for a personal assistant. 

“The ad didn’t state what the business was, so I assumed with a name like Nikolai Puchlov, I was walking into an interview with a neurotic Russian painter,” Camille said. “However, being someone who loves fitness, I was super excited that SKC was actually a gym.” 


Camille was originally brought on the team to assist SKC’s owners, and do some social media and marketing work, but she wears many hats at SKC noting that her favorite part of her job is interviewing members and writing profiles on them. 
 
“We just have such a diverse community of awesome people here,” Camille said. “It’s so cool to get to know our members and see how SKC and training with kettlebells has impacted their lives for the better. When I interview members, I never have to fish for compliments on the gym. People just love gushing over this place.” 

As someone coming from a traditional weight lifting background, Camille admits to being skeptical about kettlebell training, but now, like all the trainers at SKC, she’s addicted to the sport, and competed for the first time back in September. She’ll also be competing at the Westshore Open in Victoria on November 10th and SKC’s pro-am on Dec 1st. She evens runs an Instagram with fellow SKC trainer Hailey, titled Kettle_Bitches, where they celebrate women in Kettlebell Sport.

“For now, my goal for competitions is to just finish my sets,” Camille said. “When I first started just about a year ago, I struggled with the 4-kilogram bells. Now, I’m competing with 10s!" 


Born and raised in Woodinville, Camille received her Bachelor’s in Professional and Creative writing with a minor in Film studies, and she’s in the process of writing her master’s thesis in Literature. When she’s not at SKC, she enjoys cooking, journaling, hiking, and she’s very passionate about film criticism.

“I feel like I’m super lucky to have stumbled upon SKC,” Camille said. “Amber and Nikolai are good and honest people who care about their employees, and it’s awesome that I get to combine so many of my passions into one job.”  

Catch Camille at the front desk or teaching classes Wednesdays at Noon and Fridays at 6:45pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment