Saturday, January 12, 2019

Member Highlight - Jinnah Rose-McFadden


When her husband first mentioned Seattle Kettlebell Club as a local gym option, Jinnah Rose- McFadden felt intimidated about going to a gym that centered around swinging weights but decided to give the 21-Day Challenge a try.


“I thought ‘If I don’t like it, it’s only 21 days,’ but then I fell in love, and I’ve been here ever since!” Jinnah said.

Jinnah grew up in the era of aerobics and Jazzercise and has been going to gyms since she was a teenager, but with two kids and a career as an attorney she found it difficult to make time for fitness. She gave personal training a try but wanted something challenging that she could do several times a week, which is why the class format at SKC works so well for her. She enjoys getting her sweat on at SKC’s KettleFIT classes for now but hopes to eventually try KettleSPORT and compete in a kettlebell competition.

“I like that I feel so strong. I just turned 49, so that’s a goal before I’m 50 to feel like I’m in really good shape,” Jinnah said. “My group of friends are all turning 50, and they’re all kind of jealous because they want to be fit and strong, but they’re all intimidated because they see it as a weight lifting sport.”

Jinnah says that she always looks forward to coming to class; especially for the feeling she gets after a workout.


“I think it’s really good for my mental health,” Jinnah said. “I really feel the difference. That’s what really brings me in. I know after the workout I’m going to feel a lot better. I’m going to be energized and feel like I can get more done.”

The next 21 Day Challenge starts January 21st. Spaces are limited, so sign up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment